During a telerehabilitation session, you connect with a practitioner from Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation in Oakville, ON, virtually, via video conference technology on a compatible device such as a computer, laptop, tablet or phone, in order to be assessed and/or treated. Whether you have barriers that make it difficult to leave your home or simply prefer the convenience of care on your terms, you can connect with our experienced physiotherapist for a 1-on-1 session from anywhere in Ontario. This type of physiotherapy upholds the same safety, effectiveness, and ethical standards of care as in-person visits (see the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario for more).
A telerehab session remains largely the same as an in-person session at Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation, despite the distance, and it can be an enjoyable and rewarding new way for you to get treated and manage your condition with professional guidance. Call us at 905-847-5227 or go online to book your telerehabilitation appointment today.
How Virtual Physiotherapy Works
Once your appointment is booked with a physiotherapist at Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation, your intake and other pertinent documentation will be sent to you via email immediately after you book your session. Then approximately 30 minutes prior to your appointment time, you will receive an email with a link to connect to your appointment session. This will enable both an audio and video connection between you and your clinician.
What to Expect From a Virtual Physiotherapy Appointment with Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation
- We take a history of your general health, lifestyle, and your injury to get an understanding of the condition.
- We do a comprehensive functional movement assessment and observe movement or strength limitations.
- We assess and accurately diagnose your injury, area of pain or concern
- We explain your pain, condition, or injury to you, and how to best manage it
- We provide evidence-based treatment, that is individualized to your presentation, that may consist of one or more of the following:
- Self-mobilization of soft tissue or joints and/or stretches to reduce pain and improve mobility.
- Strengthening exercises.
- Photos, videos, reading material to assist you.
- Verbal and visual cueing for optimal performance.
- Help train another person to assist you with exercises or stretches.
- Offering progressions as you are able to tolerate them.
- Recommend necessary equipment – braces, supports, etc.
- Provide a full rehab plan to follow.
- Ongoing follow up progress through all stages of recovery.
- Listen to your concerns, and answer any questions you may have.
Benefits of Virtual Care vs. In-Person Appointments
There is plenty of research to suggest that virtual care, or telerehabilitation, services are a viable alternative and, in some instances, offer several advantages like:
- Removes accessibility and/or mobility barriers.
- Connects you with service providers regardless of location.
- Protects your privacy through safeguards and robust policies.
- Reduces travel time while still ensuring you receive quality care.
Virtual Care and Extended Health Benefits Coverage
The majority of extended health insurance companies are providing coverage for virtual care. Please reach out to your benefits provider to inquire about your coverage limits for virtual physiotherapy. These insurers include, but are not limited to, Sunlife, Manulife, Great West Life, Canada Life, and WSIB. However, insurance policies are constantly evolving and we advise that you contact your insurance company to confirm your coverage details.
Learn More About Virtual Care
Are you still unsure if telerehabilitation at Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation is right for you? Are you looking to learn more before you book? Call us at 905-847-5227 or go online to book a FREE 15 minute telerehabilitation consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of physiotherapy are provided with telerehabilitation?
- We provide services to patients with musculoskeletal problems, vestibular conditions, or pelvic health concerns, and concussion.
Does insurance cover telerehabilitation? Do you still direct bills?
- Yes! At this time, we are unaware of any extended health insurer that does not cover virtual physiotherapy as a part of their usual physiotherapy benefits. We have no reports of any claims being denied, nor have we been denied when direct billing. However, you may wish to contact your insurance company to confirm your coverage details. There still may be a copay, which you will be able to pay online.
Is my privacy protected?
- Yes! The Online Appointments feature was built exclusively within Jane, our electronic medical record software, and it is all provided within a secure infrastructure that meets their own, as well as the privacy standards of our regulatory bodies. All traffic flows directly between each user’s web browser and completely bypasses Jane’s servers. The traffic is also encrypted in transit and none of the data is stored anywhere at any time.
What devices and/or browsers should I use during my virtual physiotherapy session?
- Follow this link to learn what you need to get started or to help you troubleshoot through any problems you may be encountering.
How do I Prepare For My Virtual Physiotherapy Session?
- Set your device up so that you can do a face-to-face interview. Additionally, you will be required to show your full body in sitting, standing, or lying down on the floor or bed. So be versatile enough with your space to do so. Wear loose fitting clothing, like you would wear to a gym, so that you can move freely. Finally, check your email account approximately 30 minutes prior to your appointment for the link to your session.
- If you have any specific questions prior to your appointment, give us a call or send us an email. We are more than happy to help.
Ready to get your life back on track with our personalized pain relief solutions? Book an assessment today at Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation.