Relieve Your Muscle Tension with Myofascial Release
Painful muscles can be a thing of the past with myofascial release!
Are you living with stiff or tight muscles? If so, you have what is called myofascial pain caused by muscular irritation, and the myofascial release treatments at Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation may benefit you.
If your stiff or tight muscles are limiting your daily life, don’t hesitate to book an appointment. One of our Oakville, ON registered massage therapists would be happy to meet with you and discuss how myofascial release can benefit you!
Does myofascial release treat my condition?
When muscles become constricted or tight, it can significantly impact your mobility. This can cause pain and limitations with movement. Fortunately, myofascial release works to reverse this by loosening up the constricted muscles, thus allowing for easier, pain-free movement.
There are several conditions that can be treated with myofascial release. Some of the most common include:
- Temporomandibular joint disorder. The muscles around the jaw are massaged through myofascial release in many patients with the temporomandibular joint disorder. This decreases pain and inflammation, as well as increases mobility of the jaw.
- Fibromyalgia. This condition can also cause stiffness in multiple muscles. The affected areas will be determined and then massaged.
- Chronic headaches/migraines. Myofascial release has also been known to relieve the pain of chronic headaches and migraines by massaging the tightened muscles around the head and neck.
- Injury. Injuries can also cause muscle stiffness. The affected area will be massaged to loosen up the muscles and allow for a quicker healing process.
- Myofascial pain syndrome. This is the most commonly treated condition through myofascial release, and it can affect many of your muscles. The “trigger points” for your myofascial pain are determined and then massaged out.
How can I benefit from myofascial release?
Our Oakville, ON registered massage therapists are highly trained in the method of myofascial release, with an extensive understanding of what specific pressure points to focus on, in order to bring your fascia back to its elastic form.
Myofascial release is a type massage therapy treatment that helps alleviate pain by relieving tension within the affected muscles.
Add myofascial release to your treatment plan today!
Don’t let stiff, tight, or constricted muscles limit your life any longer!
At Leaps and Bounds: Performance Rehabilitation, we are dedicated to providing the best quality treatment for your individual needs. Book an appointment at our Oakville, ON physiotherapy, chiropractic, and massage therapy practice today for relief.